Part No. USBG-IPCom-111
The Network Attached Serial Adapter is designed to add a serial port over 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet network running TCP/IP. Connecting an Adapter to the Ethernet port on the computer or router, running the Manager Utility software, you can add a virtual COM port to your PC. The serial port functions as a native Windows COM port and is compatible with Windows serial communication applications.
The Virtual COM port is installed in the Device Manager of the operating system. This in turn will allow communications with the connected serial device in the same manner as a device connected to the COM port on a PC. The serial port supports high serial speeds up to 921.6Kbps in RS-232 mode. The LAN becomes transparent to the serial device and the software running on the PC.
The Adapter supports multiple users and multiple tasks operation over the same network. Plugging the Adapter to a network of multiple users, all of them may use the high speed RS-232 serial port of the Adapter. The serial port can be installed 100 meters away from the host. To further extend communication distance, the adapter supports extend mode by adding a switching hub between your computer and the Adapter to extend the distance by another 100 meters. Extra switching hubs can be added in between to increase the distance further.
- Extends serial communication distance.
- Allows the serial device to communication over a LAN or Intranet network
- Supports multiple users and multiple tasks operation over LAN.
- Supports multiple function serial port RS-232 over LAN.
- Installed as standard Windows COM port
- Provides virtual COM port same as on board COM port.
- Access and monitor serial devices over a Manager Utility interface software.
- RS-232 data signals: TxD, RxD, RTS, CTS, DSR, DTR, DCD, RI, GND
- Industrial metal case with DIN rail mounting brackets.
- Supports wide input power range: DC 9V ~ DC 35V.
- High speed serial port with the baud rate up to 921.6K bps
- Non-standard baudrates supported
- LEDs of Power, TxD and RxD for easy port monitoring and diagnostics
- Supports Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, 2003, XP, 2000
Port Type 10/100Base-T Fast Ethernet
Number of Ports 1
Port Type RS-232
Number of Ports 1
Connectors DB9 male
Serial Port Speed
Baudrate 300 bps to 921.6k bps
Serial Communication Parameters
Data Bits 7, 8
Stop Bits 1, 1.5, 2
Parity None, Even, Odd, Space, Mark
Flow Control RTS/CTS, XON/XOFF
RS-232 TxD, RxD, RTS, CTS, DTR, DSR, DCD, GND, RI
OS Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, 2003, XP (WHQL certified) and 2000
Power adapter of 12VDC, 1A, terminal type
Chassis SECC metal chassis with DIN rail bracket
Operating Temperature 0 to 55 °C (32 to 131 °F)
Operating Humidity 5 to 95% RH
Storage Temperature -20 to 75 °C (-4 to 167 °F)
Safety Approvals EN55022 Class B, EN55024, EN61000-3-2, EN61000-3
IEC 61000-4-2, IEC 61000-4-3, IEC 61000-4-4, IEC 61000-4-5,
IEC 61000-4-6, IEC 61000-4-8, IEC 61000-4-11.
CISPR PUB. 22 and FCC Part 15 Class B.